The process of performing a professional land survey can vary from property to property, but the basic steps are fairly consistent. This is a summary of the process to perform a boundary survey:
- Authorization: The property owner or purchaser must officially hire the land surveyor to perform the work. A work authorization form is typically required to be signed.
- Research: The surveyor will pull records from the recorder of deeds to help establish the location of the property. Records include deeds or subdivision plats.
- Calculations: The surveyor will use the information to calculate the locations of the property corners of the property being surveyed and of the surrounding area.
- Field work: A field crew consisting of one to three members will go to the property. They will use metal detectors and other tools to locate existing survey monuments. Using the calculations, they will determine the proper locations and will mark the property corners.
- Creation of a Drawing: Using the data obtained by the field crew, a drafter will create a drawing of the property that shows the results of the survey.
- Review: A licensed land surveyor oversees the entire process and reviews the final drawing for accuracy.
- Product Delivery: Final prints of the survey are created and issued to the client. A PDF of the survey may also be provided
This process can take a few days or a few weeks. Each property is different and unique and the timeline can vary greatly depending on the size and location of the property.
Cardinal Surveying would like the opportunity to earn your business. They service the greater St Louis Metro area, have been rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau since 2003, have surveyed over 27,000 properties and are a family owned company who prides themselves on producing accurate results with exceptional customer service. They can be contacted via email at [email protected] or phone at 636.922.1001. They look forward to working with you for all your land surveying needs.