One of the unique characteristics of an ALTA survey is the flexibility that it provides for the client. Because this is a much more intensive look at a property, there are many additional items that can be addressed by the survey. The Table A provides a list of 19 standard items that can be added to the plat or map being provided by the surveyor. Here is a list of the first nine of the items provided by Table A.
- Survey monuments placed or found at all corners of the property being surveyed.
- The address of the property as referenced in the documents provided as well as any posted information obtained during the field work.
- Flood zone classification depicted by scaled map location and graphic plotting.
- The area of the property being surveyed.
- Vertical information that would establish contour data for the property including the location of a site benchmark.
- Current zoning classification and setback requirements including height and floor area restrictions, parking requirements and other zoning information.
- Exterior dimensions of all buildings at ground level as well as the height of buildings.
- Substantial features observed during the field work process including parking lots, billboards, signage, landscape areas, swimming pools, etc.
- The number and type of clearly identifiable parking spaces, parking areas and parking structures including the striping and designation of those spaces.
In addition to these nine items there is also an additional 20th line that is left blank where the client can write in any specified requests that do not fall under these standard items. The purpose of this survey is to provide the most comprehensive and complete report possible for the property. It is intended to be an all-inclusive drawing or plat.
Cardinal Surveying would like the opportunity to earn your business. They service the greater St Louis Metro area, have been rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau since 2003, have surveyed over 35,000 properties and are a family-owned company who prides themselves on producing accurate results with exceptional customer service. They can be contacted via email at [email protected] or phone at 636.922.1001. They look forward to working with you for all your land surveying needs.