Survey records are the property of a land surveyor who performed the work and the individual who hired the company to perform the work. Other than those individuals, the results and drawings of individual property surveys are not public record. However, there a few places you can explore to see if there is some type of survey on record. Those include:

  • Department of Natural Resources (DNR) – Copies of all recorded surveys in the state of Missouri are kept at the DNR. They do not typically have individual surveys on file unless it’s a rural property or a large tract. You will need to know your section, township and range number or subdivision name to be able to search their site for potential matches. Take a look here:
  • Recorder of Deeds (ROD) – Copies of all recorded surveys for each county are kept by the ROD. Like the DNR, they do not typically have individual properties on file, but you can find information about your subdivision through their sites.
  • Planning and Zoning Department (P and Z) – When individuals make requests for permits, they are often asked for a copy of their survey to keep on file. You may have luck obtaining an “old” survey in their records…IF they are willing to share.

If your detective work is not productive then you can always contact your local professional land surveyor to have them perform a boundary survey for you.

Cardinal Surveying would like the opportunity to earn your business.  They service the greater St Louis Metro area, have been rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau since 2003, have surveyed over 27,000 properties and are a family owned company who prides themselves on producing accurate results with exceptional customer service. They can be contacted via email at [email protected] or phone at 636.922.1001. They look forward to working with you for all your land surveying needs.